Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Ch. 5 - Ch. 6

In chapter 5, Jake tells Cohn to tell his girlfriend, Frances, to "go to hell" when Cohn told Jake that he can't go since Frances doesn't want to go. I don't think Jake should have said Cohn to tell Frances to "go to hell" because it was her chose to not go. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean that you should tell that person to "go to hell". I don't want my kids to read this book and think that they should tell someone to "go to hell" when they get in the way from achieving something.

Another thing I don't want my kids to read is about Cohn not marrying Frances because he just wanted a mistress. I don't want my sons to think that every male has mistress and the only way to do it is to be in a relationship that comes close to getting married and break up later saying that they don't want to get married now and that they haven't lived their lives to the fullest. I also don't want my daughters to go through that. I want them to get married to their lover and not get divorced. I don't want them to get divorced and find other guy that they love and break up again right before the wedding. This would crush them. They might just give up and not find their lover again. Also, I don't believe in mistresses. I think that there should be no mistress in the world because this only affects females and I wouldn't want to go through something as horrible as this.

1 comment:

Finster said...

Good work so far. Keep it up.