Thursday, October 4, 2007

Ch. 3 - Ch. 4

While I was reading this, I was very disturbed by some of the things. I was disturbed about the prostitute named Georgette because of her and Jake's little "make out" section. I was also disturbed about how he got hurt during the war. I serious think that girls shouldn't read these kind of disturbing things when they are young. I wouldn't want my younger sister (if I had one), to read this book when I was reading it and read these "disturbing" stuffs.

I was shocked when I read the part where Brett refused to have a romantic relationship with Jake when she found out that he couldn't have sex. This sounded like girls only get into a relationship just so that they can h ave sex. I think that even though the male cannot have sex, if who people love each other, I don't think it matters.

I laughed when I read the part where a colonel told Jake after he had received the wound say that he had given more than his life. Nothing is more important or precious than a life. I guess if I was a guy, if my family heirloom was wounded, I would be sufferring but I wouldn't think that I've lost my life. Life itself is very important to everyone and nothing could be more important than their lives.

No comments: